Integrating vBoxxCloud with ConnectWise
ConnectWise is a professional services automation (PSA) platform for companies that sell, service, and support technology. If you use ConnectWise, you can integrate it with vBoxxCloud in the following ways:
- Track alerts that originate in vBoxxCloud
- Systematize your billing process related to number accounts, total storage, or whether File Server Enablement is being utilized
The integration options allow you to manage important customer information in ConnectWise, decreasing the time required to track events and manage billing tasks, and decreasing the margin for human error.
Note: These instructions will help you configure both alert and billing integration settings. You configure alerts or billing individually.
- A vBoxxCloud Admin Account
- A ConnectWise Account
- Existing customers in ConnectWise
Step 1: Create an Integrator Account
An Integrator account allows you to work with the ConnectWise API. You must have an Integrator account with permissions specified in the instructions below before you can integrate with ConnectWise
1. Log in to the ConnectWise client.
2. In the ConnectWise client, click on Setup Tables under the System section of the navigation menu.
4. In the results area, select Integrator Login.
5. Create an Integrator Login in ConnectWise.
1. In the Username field, enter login information.
2. In the Password field, enter a password.
3. In the Access Level drop-down menu, select All records.
4. Click the Service Ticket API checkbox, and specify your desired Service Board. If required, enter not used in the Callback URL field.
5. Click the Company API checkbox.
6. Click the Product API checkbox.
7. Click the Agreement API checkbox.
Step 2: When Configuring Billing, Set Up ConnectWise Products
If you are integrating ConnectWise billing, first select the vBoxCloud product for which you want to bill. You can define one or more of the following products, based on your specific billing needs.
- Number of accounts
- Total Storage
- File Server Enablement
1. In ConnectWise, navigate to the Procurement tab, and then select Products.
2. Click the New Item button and enter the following information to create a new product:
- In the Product ID field, give the product a descriptive name. This name must exactly match the product name that you will later configure in vBoxxCloud.
- In the Description field, enter a short description for the new product. For example, Accounts, €9.50/user.
- In the Category/Subcategory drop-down menu, select Manage Services.
- In the Product Type drop-down menu, select Software.
- In the Product Class drop-down menu, select Agreement.
- In the Unit of Measure drop-down menu, select Each.
- In the Unit Price field, enter the list price for the product.
- In the Customer Description field, enter a simple description; for example, Accounts, €9.50/user.
- Click the Save button when you are finished.
- Repeat the steps above for each product you want to configure.
Step 3: When Configuring Billing, Set Up ConnectWise Agreements
After you define your products, you can set up agreements for each company that will be billed. You can also update an existing agreement.
1. In ConnectWise, click the Quick Launch drop-down, and select Agreements.
2. Find the agreement to which you want to manage changes, or create a new agreement. For each new agreement, click the New button.
Enter the following information for each agreement:
- In the Agreement Type drop-down field, select Managed Services.
- In the Agreement Name field, give the agreement a name. This name must exactly match the agreement name that you will later configure in vBoxxCloud.
- In the Company drop-down field, select the appropriate company that will be associated with this agreement.
- In the Start Date field, enter a date on which the agreement starts.
Step 4: Enter ConnectWise Integrator Credentials in vBoxxCloud
Before you can map vBoxxCloud organizations to ConnectWise customers, you must first enter your integrator account credentials at the top-level organization in vBoxxCloud. You can optionally configure lower-level organization to inherit the settings.
1. In the Organization navigation menu, select the top-level organization.
2. Click Settings tab, and then click on PSA.
3. In the PSA Mode field, select Configure a New PSA System radio button. The page will expands allowing you to select the appropriate PSA system.
4. In the PSA System drop-down menu, select ConnectWise.
5. Enter the requested credentials:
- In the Site URL field, enter the URL of your ConnectWise site.
Note: In some cases you may need to write the URL in capital letters.
- In the Company ID field, enter your Company ID as it appears in ConnectWise
- In the Integrator Login field, enter the username you configured when setting up the integrator account.
- In the Integrator Password field, enter the password you configured when setting up the integrator account.
- Click Save button when you are finished.
Step 5: Configure Billing in vBoxxCloud
The page will expand to allow you to write information into the ConnectWise Billing Settings section. You only need to fill out this section if you are configuring billing options.
Note: that this information will only need to be configured once at the top-level organization, and you can then optionally inherit these settings within lower-level organizations.
- In the Company drop-down field, select the name of the company as it exists in ConnectWise. If you do not see the name of the company, click the Reload Options from PSA button to refresh the connection to ConnectWise.
- Select the Billing Enabled checkbox to indicate that you will be configuring billing.
- In the # of Accounts field, enter the Product ID associated with your account product exactly how it appears in ConnectWise.
- In the Total Storage field, enter the Product ID associated with your storage product exactly how it appears in ConnectWise.
- In the File Server Enablement field, enter the Product ID associated with your File Server Enablement product exactly how it appears in ConnectWise.
- In the Push Date field, select the day of the month that billing information will be pushed to ConnectWise.
- Click Save button when you are finished.
Step 6: Map vBoxxCloud Organizations to ConnectWise Customers
- In the ConnectWise Billing Settings section, select the checkbox next to the appropriate products configured in ConnectWise. You must select at least one product. If a product is not selected, it will not be billed through ConnectWise.
- In the Choose Agreement drop-down field, select the appropriate agreement configured in ConnectWise. If an agreement is not selected, ConnectWise will not be able to complete the billing process.
- Click the Save button
Step 7: Set Up Alerts in vBoxxCloud
When the organization is linked with a ConnectWise customer, you can set up alerts that will display in the ConnectWise system.
1. While still in the organization, click the Activity tab.
2. In the Activity Log page, click the Create Alert button.
3. In the Alerts page, configure alerts, making sure to click the PSA System checkbox.
You will now view alerts in ConnectWise for the appropriate customer.