Instructions to fix the installation for Mac users who upgraded to macOS Ventura 13.0 with the agent already installed with version 22.214.171.124.
First we want to make sure the current device (MacBook, iMac) is disconnected from the current Sync Tool and vBoxxCloud.
- Go to https://web.vboxx.nl/ and login with a user that has Organization Administration rights.
- Then, click on “Organization Settings” and go to the “Machines” tab.
- Look for the name of your Mac, and choose “Unlink” to disconnect the old Sync Tool from your Organization.
- Now open finder and go to the Application folder and drag the old Sync Tool to the Trash bin.
If you're asked for a username and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
To delete the app, right-click on trash and choose “empty trash”.
After emptying the trash, restart the computer to make sure all services have stopped.
- Download the new macOS client with the following link: https://web.vboxx.nl/shares/file/1NXMF6yJggZ/
- Change the name of the new sync tool to the name of the older version like so:
Old version example: vBoxxCloud_web.vboxx.nl_1-126.96.36.199.app
New version: vBoxxCloud-188.8.131.52.app
Renamed new version example: vBoxxCloud_web.vboxx.nl_1-184.108.40.206.app
- Open the newly renamed file and run the installation.
- Once completed open “System Preferences” on Mac, then open “Privacy and Security”
- Scroll down to the security section and click “open anyway for the entry of “Synced Tool” was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer”.
- Scroll up to "Full Disk Access" and give the Sync Tool Full Disk Access.
- Open System Settings and click "General", then click "Login items" on the left.
Select the old entry for the Sync Tool and click the "–" at the bottom
Click the "+" at the bottom to add the new Sync Tool.
- Restart the machine to make sure the Sync Tool now starts at login.