News: vBoxxCloud version v2.6.1
vBoxxCloud version v2.6.1
Release date: 12 June 2018
vBoxx is pleased to announce vBoxxCloud v2.6.1, our latest release of vBoxxCloud, which includes a new desktop client, important improvements and updates related to performance, scalability, security and user experience.
- The new desktop client will no longer support Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion operating systems.
- Previous versions of the desktop client did not properly detect file collisions. With the new desktop client, users might encounter an increased number of sync warnings as these collisions start to register. For instructions on helping end users resolve collisions, please reference the Resolving a File Sync Warning Knowledgebase article.
- As a reminder, when an item is purged from the system, it cannot be restored. The vBoxx team cannot perform restore operations on purged data (files, folders, revisions) or containers (organizations).
- PDF documents previewed on the web will now open in the native web browser tools.
New Desktop Sync Tool
- New user interface and redesigned experience helps guide users to be more productive
- New widget with dynamic buttons for pause/resume and register/unregister
- New Warning tab helps end users resolve sync issues and stay up-to-date
- New file lock warning message now displays when users attempt to access a locked file
- Auto-locking prompts are redesigned and improved to help users avoid sync conflicts and data sprawl
- Auto-locking now supports .PPT, .PPTX, and .ODP file formats
- English, German, French, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Dutch language options are now available in the desktop client
- The Collaborative Web Editor is now available through the desktop client right-click content menu
- Updated right-click context menu icons in Windows explorer and macOS finder
Note: Certain Windows machines might require a reboot.
- Registration wizard will no longer auto-launch after installation via unattended mode
- Registration wizard will auto-launch when application icon is double clicked for clients that are not registered
- Auto-locking no longer affects backup roots in certain edge cases
- Auto-lock duration configuration persists through system reboots and no longer requires reconfiguration
- Guest accounts can now change language settings
- Files and folders will no longer recreate in original location after a move or delete
- Sync Tool Synchronisation bug fixes
- Restore Deleted, Revision Rollback, and Snapshot functions are improved to account for certain conditions when a date range is specified
- Get Logs function is now more reliable
- Dialogs for all irreversible deletion operations are improved for user education
- Dutch language option is now available in the web
- Reporting is improved for better accuracy of user counts and top bandwidth machines
- Password complexity compliance errors will no longer throw a 500 error in the web
- File uploads with special characters are now handled better
- Share links are now generated via https by default
- Password reset workflow is improved for simplicity and security
- Numerous enhancements were performed on the production databases
- The trim and purge features have been improved:
- - No inheritance through sub-organizations
- Organization policy configuration is checked at time of running
- Modified configurations will take into effect with the subsequent job
- Now supported with more granular logging
- Performance optimizations for APIv2 response times for root access
Please contact your Account Manager or vBoxx Support if you have any questions. Thanks,
The vBoxx Team